League Tables and Rankings
You should be redirected to https://www2.aston.ac.uk/about/rankings/index
- For Business and Administrative Studies, Aston graduates earn £7,600 more than expected three years after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes dataset 2018)
- Our graduates in Subjects Allied to Medicine earn £10,800 more than expected three years after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes dataset 2018)
- Three years after graduation, our Computer Science graduates earn £3,100 more than expected (Longitudinal Education Outcomes dataset 2018)
- Aston's Social Studies graduates earn £2,900 more than expected after more than three years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes dataset 2018)
- Aston is ranked 2nd in UK for boosting graduate salaries (The Economist, based on Longitudinal Education Outcomes dataset 2017)
- A new Government measure of teaching quality and student satisfaction, The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), has given Aston University a Gold award – the highest possible accolade.
- TEF, published on 22 June 2017, found that students from all backgrounds achieve ‘consistently outstanding outcomes’ at Aston, with very high proportions of students going into highly skilled employment or further study.
- 84% satisfaction: The University received an overall satisfaction score of 84.15%, placing Aston above the sector average for the sixth consecutive year and ahead of many institutions.
- 18th out of 120 UK Universities for Student Experience (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 82% of Aston graduates are in professional level jobs or further study, 18th highest percentage in the UK (Complete University Guide 2018)
- Top 200 in the World and 23rd in the UK (QS Graduate Employability World Rankings 2018)
- 5 QS Stars for Employability (2018)
- To date, Aston’s leading internship provider (Graduate Advantage) has helped 4000 students launch their graduate career.
- Over 200 graduate employers come on to campus each year to meet our students.
In the 2015/16 QS Graduate Employability Ranking, Aston is ranked 27th in the World and 3rd in the UK for ‘Partnerships with Employers’ and 47th in the World and 5th in the UK for ‘Employers Presence on Campus.’
BSEEN is a collaborative project led by Aston University, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It has helped 240 student/graduate businesses get started since 2012.
- 43rd out of 121 UK universities (The Guardian University Guide 2019)
- 45th out of 131 UK universities (The Complete University Guide 2019)
- 78% of research submitted evaluated as 'world leading' or 'internationally recognised' (REF 2014)
- In the category of Allied Health, 94% of our research is World Leading or Internationally Excellent (3*/4*) (REF 2014)
- Awarded GOLD for Teaching Excellence (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- 5 QS Stars for Teaching (2018)
- 26th in the UK for students achieving 1st and 2:1 Degree Classifications (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Over 70% of our students are on degrees with teaching quality ratings of 22/24 or higher according to the Quality Assurance Agency. Many of our degrees enjoy professional accreditation from a wide range of UK, European and Global Institutes, Associations and Societies
- 25th out of 120 UK Universities for Student Experience (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- 85th in Business & Economics (Times Higher Education 2018)
- 2018 QS Subject Rankings for some of our key courses:
- Top 150 for Business & Management Studies;
- Top 200 for Linguistics and Accounting & Finance
- Top 250 for Pharmacy and for English Language & Literature
- Aston has 8 subject areas ranked in the top 30 in Europe and 2 in the top 20 in the world in the 2018 Eduniversal Rankings.
- Top 100 Best 'Golden Age' Universities in the World (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017)
- 373rd out of over 6,000 Universities around the World (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Top 200 in the World (2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings)
- Top 200 in Europe (Times Higher Education European University Rankings 2018)
- Times Higher Education Golden Age Universities World Rankings 2017
- 17th in the UK and 44th in the World for International Outlook (Times Higher World Rankings 2018)
- 5 QS Stars for Internationalisation (2018)
- 5th out of 154 UK Universities and Colleges (People and Planet University League 2018)