Aston Centre for Growth offers leading growth programmes and other opportunities for SME owners looking to grow their business. Aston University has held the Small Business Charter since 2014, reflecting its expertise in SME engagement. We have experience of working with hundreds of SMEs to support their business growth, with investment ready pitching competitions, through our student focused start-up support and incubation centre and on high profile programmes such as Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses.
- Develop your leadership skills.
- Receive one-to-one support from an experiences business mentor.
- Network with other early-stage businesses.
- Build a targeted growth strategy.
- Eligible businesses must have an operational address within the Coventry and Warwickshire or Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP regions.
BSEEN, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, is a start-up support programme led by Aston University in collaboration with Birmingham City University, University College Birmingham and Newman University.
It is open to students from these universities and graduates within the last five years from any university living in the Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP area.
BSEEN offers a five-day intensive start-up boot camp, tailored mentoring, free work space, a business grant to kick start your business and lots of networking opportunities.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses UK programme is an innovative, fully-funded programme for small business owners with ambitions to grow.
A blended learning programme, delivered through a series of webinars and residentials, which bring together business leaders from across the UK.
The impact report can be found here.
Other programmes and events
GBSLEP Growth Hub - Provides a central point of contact for all your business needs in Greater Birmingham and Solihull.
Pitchfest 2019 - Aston Centre for Growth manages this exciting series of events, offering entrepreneurs the opportunity to hone their pitching skills through a series of workshops and pitch to regional and national investors.
- Leading to Grow Programme: Managing digital & new technology adoption
- SME Practical Insights Workshops - Join other small business leaders to refresh your leadership approach and adopt new business practices for successful business growth. Please register your interest and we will send you further information shortly.
- Productivity through People - Access the latest management practices, thinking and research to drive productivity in your company. The programme is dedicated to transforming leadership and management capability in forward-looking SMEs owners and senior management leaders in order to develop modern, high-performance workplace practices.
- Mentoring for Growth - This free programme is available to businesses across the GBSLEP area, and gives ambitious business leaders the opportunity to be mentored, for up to 12 months, by senior personnel from some of the UK's most productive companies.
The Enterprise Research Centre (ERC) was established in February 2013 to answer one central question ‘What drives SME Growth and Productivity?’ and has become the UK’s leading independent centre for research, knowledge and expertise on SME growth and entrepreneurship with a reputation for research that is both rigorous and policy-relevant.
The Centre undertakes commissioned work for other organisations including the devolved nations, sector regulators and others who are
seeking to create the right conditions for SMEs to thrive and grow.
To enquire about opportunities for your business, contact us:
» Indicates required fields