Improving management capability by just 0.1% can increase productivity by nearly 10%. (1)
Organisations looking to introduce High Performance Work Practices may not be able to harness the full potential and capability of the workforce. Those that fail to identify and overcome barriers may hamper or destroy any potential performance improvement.
Sharing experiences by bench marking with a peer group can help to break through those barriers. Improving management capability, including the ability to listen to staff, generates higher levels of trust and autonomy, making employees feel more valued and in control of their work and therefore more innovative and productive. (2)
The benefits of the PtP course started to make themselves apparent from the outset. The initial sessions brought to light some key actions required to improve our working operations, as well as my own personal leadership style. Actions which I have already started to implement and see the benefits from. The main highlight has been forming a close group of like-minded individuals who I can trust and gain some truly valuable opinions, best practice examples and knowledge.”
Operations Director, Forsberg Services Ltd
Productivity through People's unique experiential programme helps business leadership teams to:
- Empower and engage front line staﬀ leading to better usage of skills and abilities
- Transform management practice and adopt modern work practices
- Develop a support network with other SME owner/ managers – collaborating with like-minded peers to build a more productive future together
- Gain exposure to world class manufacturing and operational environments
- Creating an open organisational culture that is positive, supportive and conducive to innovation and change to develop business growth.
(1) ONS, Management and Expectations Survey 2016
(2) Source: “Improving Productivity: Engagement & High Performance Working Practices”, Productivity Leadership Group