Visas and Health Insurance

Students from outside the EU will need to make sure that they have the necessary visa to enable them to study in the UK. Once you have received your offer of a place from the University you should check that you have a valid passport for the period of study in the UK. Most non-EU students will also need to apply for entry clearance (often called a "visa") to the UK. For further information you can visit the UK Border Agency website, which explains who needs to apply for entry clearance before travelling to the UK.  You can also download the application forms as well as find out where your nearest British Embassy or High Commission is.

Non-EU Exchange students joining Aston for 6 months or less will have to apply for a Student Visitor Visa.

Click here for additional information on the Student Visitor Visa.  

The Hub Advice Zone at Aston University has experienced and highly regarded International Student Advisers who provide free help and advice about visas for studying at Aston University and for working in the UK after your studies. They can offer help and support via email, telephone, Skype and web chat. Further information on how to contact an adviser.   

Other useful sources of information include:

UKCISA's information leaflet which explains how to apply for a student entry clearance

EU students should obtain a European Health Insurance card.  Non-EU students should ensure that adequate health insurance cover is purchased before coming to the UK.