To be eligible to study the Aston MBA (all routes), you will need one of the following:
- A good UK honours degree
- An equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University
- A degree-level professional qualification
- At least three years’ relevant postgraduation
- Two references - at least one from an academic referee and one from your current or previous employer.
- Two professional references are accepted from applicants with substantial work experience.
Applicants with extensive work experience
We accept applications from candidates with extensive work experience who have not completed a graduate qualification. You will initially be enrolled as a Certificate student and attend all the same classes as MBA students. Provided you pass your first six modules, you will transfer to the MBA at no additional cost.
If you are an international student you will require:
- An official academic transcript,
- A well-rounded GMAT score may be required if you have not undertaken any business, finance or economics-related study and do not have any demonstrable work experience within these disciplines.
If your native language is not English you will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no less than 6 in any section
- TOEFL 105 (internet-based) with a minimum score of 22 in any section*
- Pearson Academic Test of English with a minimum score of 57 in all four skills.
* TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions. Please contact our MBA recruitment manager for further details.
We may offer you a place with lower English scores on condition that you successfully complete a pre-sessional English course at Aston University. If you successfully complete your presessional course you are guaranteed a place on the Aston MBA.
Exceptionally, you may be accepted with lower English scores on condition that you undertake in-sessional English study as a part of the MBA programme.