Room Number: ABS433
Richard worked in professional practice for around 10 years and in governance for approximately 5 years. He trained with Deloitte, Haskins + Sells (later merged into PwC) and qualified with KPMG. He experienced a variety of clients including the financial services, banking and the traditional ‘metal bashing’ industries of the West Midlands.
He also had the opportunity to experience the growth in importance of governance over five years at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, working directly for the successive Directors in Governance & Risk as they first gained Foundation Trust status and then Board status for the function. Information and corporate governance as well as clinical governance and risk management were covered in a uniquely avant-garde holistic, cutting-edge approach.
Subsequent experience with the Audit Commission combined his interests in governance, audit, financial and management accountancy as the Commission reported on the usage of resources, governance issues as well as the standard opinion audit.
His research focuses on accounting for financial derivatives and their valuation adjustments, arguably one of the most important categories of assets and liabilities in the makeup of the Statement of Financial Position for financial institutions and commercial derivatives users managing exposure to market volatility.
- BSc (Hons) Maths (Dunelm)
- Deloitte Haskins + Sells
- Miell & Co, Oxford
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Audit Commission
- Strategic Management Accounting (UG and PG, online/campus)
- Business Taxation (Oman)
- Management Accounting
- Postgraduate Dissertations/Projects (online and campus based)
- Previous teaching: Performance Management & Evaluation, Advanced Management Accounting, Governance & Ethics, Operational Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Audit & Assurance, Strategic Audit, Financial Accounting, ACCA P1 & P5
- Derivatives accounting adjustments in banking
- Audit & Assurance market and Ethics in accounting
- Emotional intelligence in teaching accounting
- ACA (Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales)
- ACIL (Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists)
- FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy)
- Kenyon, Richard and Kenyon, Chris, Accounting for Derivatives with Initial Margin under IFRS 13, Risk, July 2017.
- Kenyon, Richard and Kenyon, Chris, Accounting for KVA under IFRS 13, Risk, March 2016.
- Kenyon, Chris and Kenyon, Richard David, DVA for Assets, Risk, February 2013.
- 2016: Kenyon, C., & Green, A. (eds) (2016) Landmarks in XVA: From Counterparty Risk to Funding Costs and Capital. London: Incisive Media (co-author on Chapter 3 - DVA for Assets and Chapter 32 Accounting for KVA under IFRS 13)
- 2019 (since 2014): ‘Accounting – HE options’ at the annual Sixth Form Careers Conference hosted by King Edward VI College Stourbridge