Operations and Information Management
Position: Lecturer in Operational Research Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Number: ABS261
Akram Dehnokhalaji is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at OIM Department at Aston University. She was graduated from the National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents (NODET) high school in Iran in 2000 and passed the university entrance exam with a high rank and accepted at continuously PhD program in Applied Mathematics at Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran. She won a scholarship for 3 years during her undergraduate studies as an exceptionally talented student and did her MSc in Operations Research. As a doctoral candidate, she won a 6-month fund from the Ministry of Science to visit Aalto University School of Business in 2008. Then she was employed by Aalto University as a researcher in Quantitative Methods in Management and Economics. She did the research part of her thesis jointly between Aalto University School of Business and Faculty of Mathematical and Computer Sciences of Kharazmi University. She defended her PhD in 2010. She worked as an adjunct at Kharazmi, postdoctoral researcher at Aalto, and Assistant Professor at Kharazmi University. She taught several undergraduate and graduate courses. She also supervised several Master and PhD dissertations. She has several Publications in highly ranked journals in Operations Research such as European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Annals of Operations Research, OR Spectrum, etc. Her research interests include efficiency analysis and decision making, multi-criteria decision making, business analytics and machine learning.
- 2000-2010 Continuously PhD in Applied Mathematics (Operations Research), Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
- 2019 till present: Lecturer in Operational Research, Operations and Information Management Department, Aston Business School
- 2013-2018: Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics (Operations Research), Kharazmi University, Tehran Iran
- 2012-2013: Postdoctoral Researcher in Quantitative Methods in Management and Economics, Aalto University School of Business, Helsinki, Finland
- 2010-2012: Adjunct and Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics (Operations Research), Kharazmi University, Iran
- 2008-2010: Researcher of Quantitative Methods in Management and Economics, Aalto University School of Business, Helsinki, Finland
- Data Envelopment Analysis
- Multi-criteria Decision Making
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Linear, Integer, Nonlinear and Network-flow Programming
- Iranian Operational Research Society
- Iranian Mathematics Society
- Ranking Decision Making Units based on the Profit in Competition for a Standard Level, A. Dehnokhalaji, B. Hallaji, J. Sadeghi, N. Soltani, Mathematical Research, in Persion, 2019, Accepted Manuscript.
- A Comprehensive Method for the Centralized Resource Allocation in DEA, Jafar Sadeghi and Akram Dehnokhalaji, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2018.10.011
- Gradual Efficiency Improvements through a Sequence of Targets. Akram Dehnokhalaji, Narges Soltani, Journal of Operational Research Society, Accepted Manuscript, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01605682.2018.1529723
- A Stepwise Benchmarking Approach in DEA with Interval Scale Data, Nasim Nasrabadi, Akram Dehnokhalaji, Pekka Korhonen, Jyrki Wallenius, Journal of Operational Research Society, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/01605682.2018.1471375
- Voting Advice Model: Political Opinions and Power in a Large-Scale Application, Tommi Pajala, Pekka Korhonen, Pekka Malo, Ankur Sinha, Jyrki Wallenius, and Akram Dehnokhalaji, European Journal of Operations Research, 266(2), 702-715, 2018.
- A Lexicographic Radial Projection onto the Efficient Frontier in Data Envelopment Analysis, Pekka Korhonen, Akram Dehnokhalaji, Nasim Nasrabadi, European Journal of Operations Research 265(3), 1005-12, 2018.
- Convex Cone-Based ranking of Decision Making Units in DEA, Akram Dehnokhalaji, Behjat Hallaji, Narges Soltani, Jafar Sadeghi, OR Spectrum 39 (3), 861–880, 2017.
- Resource allocation based on cost efficiency, A. Dehnokhalaji, M. Ghiasi, P. Korhonen, Journal of Operations Research Society 68 (10), 1279-1289, 2017.
- Constructing a strict total order for alternatives characterized by multiple criteria: An extension, Naval Research Logistics 62 (2), 155-163, 2014.
- Characterizing a subset of the PPS maintaining the reference hyperplane of the radial projection point, N. Nasrabadi, A. Dehnokhalaji, M. Soleimani- damaneh, Journal of Operations Research Society, 65, 1876–1885, 2014.
- Resource allocation for Performance Improvement, N. Nasrabadi, A. Dehnokhalaji, N.A. Kiani, P.J. Korhonen and J.Wallenius, Annals of Operations Reserach 196 (1), 459-468, 2012.
- Convex Cone Based Partial order for Multiple Criteria Alternatives, A. Dehnokhalaji, P. J. Korhonen, M. Köksalan,N. Nasrabadi and J.Wallenius, Decision support and System 50, 256- 261, 2011.
- Efficiency Analysis to Incorporate Interval Scale Data, A. Dehnokhalaji, P. J. Korhonen, M. Köksalan,N. Nasrabadi and J.Wallenius, European Journal of Operations Research 207, 1117- 1121, 2010.
- A measure for determining the best performance time period of a system A. Dehnokhalaji, N. Nasrabadi and N.A. Kiani”, Int. J. Industrial Mathematics 1(1), 13-18 , 2009.