Dr Gajanan Panchal
Operations and Information Management Department
Position: Lecturer Phone: 01212043398 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Room Number: ABS 271
Dr. Gajanan Panchal is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Operations Management at Aston Business School. His academic research interests include Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Application of Microeconomics in Supply Chain, e-Commerce Demand Planning and Simulation Analytics. His research work helps businesses with innovative solutions for their supply chain operations. His focus is on applied research across a wide range of businesses. Before joining ABS, Gajanan was working as a Research Fellow at the National University of Singapore (NUS) for more than five years. At NUS, we were associated with the Centre for Next Generation Logistics (C4NGL), where he was working on a project funded by Singapore's Economic Development Board (EDB), National Research Foundation and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). The nature of this funding was to collaborate with industry partners in the process of developing a Digital Twin of their warehouse operations. He was a pivotal researcher who also served as a project lead coordinating industry project and making sure the objectives are met in time. At NUS, Gajanan was also associated with The Logistics Institute Asia-Pacific (TLIAP), where he worked with many industry partners across board to provide researched solution to their supply chains. Most of the projects he handled and lead got great attention from industry higher management, which resulted in successful implementation and deployment of project outcome. One of his project findings were selected and presented in a special supply chain innovation event at the 2018 Winter Olympics at the Republic of Korea. Gajanan actively publishes his research in peer reviewed journals like OMEGA, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management. He also has a vast editorial experience as reviewer and editor for special issues.
- PhD (Supply Chain Management), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi, India (2009-2014)
- Master of Technology (Industrial Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi, India (2005-2007)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Production), S.R.T.M. University Nanded, Maharashtra, India (2000-2004)
- Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (2014-2018)
- Research Engineer, National University of Singapore (2013-2014)
- BN3324- Simulation
- BN3372- Supply Chain Management
- LBM402- Operations Management in an International Context
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Application of Microeconomics in Supply Chain
- E-Commerce Demand Planning and Simulation Analytics
- Timperio G., Panchal G.B., Samvedi A., Goh M., de Souza R., (2017). Decision Support Framework for Location Selection and Disaster Relief Network Design, Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 7(3), pp.222-245.
- Panchal G.B., Jain V., Cheikhrouhou N. and Gurtner M. (2017). Equilibrium Analysis in Multi-echelon Supply Chain with Multi-dimensional Utilities of Inertial Players, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Vol. 16 (4), pp. 417-436.
- Panchal G.B., Jain V., Kumar S., (2015). Multidimensional Utility Analysis in a Two-Tier Supply Chain: A Game Theory Approach, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 37 (1), pp. 437-447, October 2015.
- Jain V., Panchal G.B., Kumar S (2014). Universal Supplier Selection via Multi-dimensional Auction Mechanisms for Two-way Competition in Oligopoly Market of Supply Chain, Omega- The International Journal of Management Science, Vol. 47, pp. 127-137.
- Panchal G.B., Jain V., (2011). A Review on Select Models for Supply Chain Formation, Special issue of International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 3 (2), pp. 113-123.