Dr Kawaljeet Kapoor
Operations and Information Management
Dr Kawaljeet Kapoor is a research fellow for Advanced Services Group at Aston Business School. Her research interests are concentrated in understanding the technical and social aspects associated with organizational change and management of an ecosystem in a manufacturing setting when moving towards service-based offerings. Her present research is focused on platform ecosystems and platforms in Servitization, aimed at understanding the role of platforms in the delivery of intermediate and advanced services. As a part of her research, she works closely with manufacturers associated with the Advanced Services Group to understand and document Servitization in practice to assess the degree to which such data supports/contradicts theoretical connotations. She also has publications in the areas of social media, social innovations, innovation adoption, and big open data, disaster management, RFID, smart transport and more - in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD, Business Management, Swansea University, UK, 2014
- MBA, Swansea University, UK, 2010
- BE, Industrial Engineering and Management, JSS Academy of Technical Education, India, 2006
- 2018 – Present: Research Fellow, Aston University
- 2014 – 2017: Research Fellow, Brunel University London
- Jun 2014 – Aug 2014 – Research Assistant, Swansea University, Wales
- 2011 – 2014: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Swansea University, Wales
- 2006 – 2009: Software Engineer, Accenture Services Private Limited, India
- Platform ecosystems in Servitization
- Service-based offerings in manufacturing organizations
- IoT triggered operational and organizational transformation in manufacturing companies
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Kapoor, K. K., Tamilmani, K., Rana, N. P., Patil, P., Dwivedi, Y. K., & Nerur, S. (2018). Advances in social media research: past, present and future. Information Systems Frontiers, 20(3), 531-558.
- Kapoor, K., Weerakkody, V., & Schroeder, A. (2018). Social innovations for social cohesion in Western Europe: success dimensions for lifelong learning and education. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 31(2), 189-203.
- Dwivedi, Y. K., Shareef, M. A., Mukerji, B., Rana, N. P., & Kapoor, K. K. (2018). Involvement in emergency supply chain for disaster management: a cognitive dissonance perspective. International Journal of Production Research, 56(21), 6758-6773.
- Weerakkody, V., Kapoor, K., Balta, M. E., Irani, Z., & Dwivedi, Y. K. (2017). Factors influencing user acceptance of public sector big open data. Production Planning & Control, 28(11-12), 891-905.
- El-Haddadeh, R., Weerakkody, V., Osmani, M., Thakker, D., & Kapoor, K. K. (2019). Examining citizens' perceived value of internet of things technologies in facilitating public sector services engagement. Government Information Quarterly, 36(2), 310-320.
- Naik, P., Schroeder, A., Kapoor, K., Ziaee Bigdeli, A., & Baines, T. (2019, July). Behind the Scenes of Digital Servitization: Actualizing IOT-Enabled Affordances. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2019, No. 1, p. 12804). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
- Weerakkody, V., Irani, Z., Kapoor, K., Sivarajah, U., & Dwivedi, Y. K. (2017). Open data and its usability: an empirical view from the Citizen’s perspective. Information Systems Frontiers, 19(2), 285-300.