Dr Owen Ou Liu
Operations & Information Management Department
Position: Senior Lecturer
Phone: 0121 204 4027
Room Number: ABS229
Dr. Owen Ou Liu’s research interests include social networks, R&D project management, business intelligence and analytics. He has published over 40 fully refereed papers via renowned & prestigious publication venues, such as Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers in Industry, Communications of the Assoc for Info Systems, among others. According to Google Scholar, his total citation is 1100+ and H-index is 15. He also has industrial experience in developing the R&D project management system for National Science Foundation of China, and a scholars’ social network which involves big data analytics of social media.
- 2006 - Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems), Department of Information Systems, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 2000 - Master of Science (Software Engineering), Department of Computer Science, Zhongshan (Sun Yat-Sen) University
- 1993 - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (with Distinction), Department of Computer Science, University of Electronic Science & Technology of China
- 2017 - Certificate in Professional Studies (Learning & Teaching in Higher Education), University of Liverpool
- 2019 – present - Senior Lecturer, Aston University
- 2015 - 2019 - Senior Associate Professor, Xi Jiao - Liverpool University
- 2006 - 2015 - Assistant Professor, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Data/Text Mining
- Enterprise Systems & Security
- ERP Systems
- Fraud Management
- Social Networks
- Project Management
- Since 2017 - Fellow, The Higher Education Academy, UK
- Since 2012 - Member, Association for Information Systems, USA
- Since 2010 - Senior Member, Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA
- Man, K.L., Liu, O., Hughes, D., Lu, C.(2018). Recent advancements in big data technologies and applications in computing, IoT and computer engineering technology. Journal of Universal Computer Science 24 (9), 1151.
- Chan, C.O., Liu, O., Szeto R. (2017). Developing information sharing model using cloud computing & smart devices for SMEs supply chain ¾ a case in fashion retail. International Journal of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management, 10(3), 44-64.
- Liu, O., Wang, J., Ma, J., Sun, Y. (2016). An intelligent decision support approach for reviewer assignment in R&D project selection. Computers in Industry, 76(2), 1-10.
- Wang, J., Ding, D., Liu, O., Li, M. (2016). A synthetic method for knowledge management performance evaluation based on triangular fuzzy number & group support systems. Applied Soft Computing, 39(2), 11-20.
- Wang, J., Peng, J., Liu, O. (2015). A classification approach for less popular webpages based on latent semantic analysis & rough set model. Expert Systems with Applications, 42(1), 642-648.
- Yu, W., Shen, M., Chen, W., Zhan, Z., Gong, Y., Lin Y, Liu O., Zhang J. (2014). Differential evolution with two-level parameter adaptation. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 44(7), 1080-1099.
- Gong, Y.J., Zhang, J., Liu, O., Huang, R.Z., Chung, H. (2012). Optimizing the vehicle routing problem with time windows: a discrete particle swarm optimization approach. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, & Cybernetics Part C: Applications & Reviews, 42(2), 254-267.
- Liu, O., Ma, J. (2010). A multilingual ontology framework for R&D project management systems. Expert Systems with Applications, 37(6), 4626-4631.
- Zhan, Z.-H., Zhang, J., Li, Y., Liu, O., Kwok, S.K. Ip, W.H., Kaynak, O. (2010). An efficient ant colony system based on receding horizon control for the aircraft arrival sequencing & scheduling problem. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 11(2), 399-412.
- Hu, X.-M., Zhang, J., Chung, H., Li, Y., Liu, O. (2010). SamACO: variable sampling ant colony optimization algorithm for continuous optimization. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, & Cybernetics Part B: Cybernetics, 40(6), 1555-1566.
- Pan, Z., Tang, J., Liu, O. (2009). Capacitated dynamic lot sizing problem in closed-loop supply chain. European Journal of Operational Research, 198(3), 810-821.