Why choose Aston Medical School?
An innovative curriculum, a fantastic campus and highly respected staff: just a few of many reasons to choose Aston Medical School.
What makes Aston Medical School special?
- Our curriculum, developed by Leicester Medical School, is patient centred. It will help you to develop the core competencies in medicine, gain key teamwork skills and understand the workings of the internationally admired NHS (National Health Service). It has been designed to equip you with the clinical expertise and confidence needed to embark on your first post after graduation as a Foundation doctor, while encouraging you to develop into an independent life-long learner with critical thinking skills and a caring and compassionate attitude.
- Throughout the course, teaching is informed by our research and encourages you to develop a questioning, evidence-informed approach to clinical practice.
- Learn in an environment dedicated to promoting social mobility, equality and diversity and to celebrating the international nature of our own student body.
- Opportunity to enhance your leadership capabilities through a certificate in Health Leadership which is completed in conjunction with the triple accredited Aston Business School.
- Experience early patient contact in year one with general practice placements and then increasing involvement in patient care through apprenticeship learning, across a variety of hospital, community and general practice settings and clinical specialties.
- Develop a greater understanding of healthcare teams through interprofessional learning with the unique opportunity to interact with the highly ranked Schools of Pharmacy and Optometry within the School of Life & Health Sciences.
- Develop knowledge and skills with our world-class researchers, lecturers and consultants, from the Aston Medical Research Institute, through a range of engaging interactive learning methods.
What facilities does Aston University have to offer?
As an Aston student you get the best of both worlds: a green, well-equipped, friendly campus in the centre of a vibrant city. With our entire social, support and academic facilities based on campus you’ll never have far to go.
Being based in the city centre means it’s just a 10 minute walk to reach all the facilities you would expect in a modern city such as excellent rail, bus and metro links, world class shopping centres and entertainment venues. Birmingham truly is a great city to live and study in.
You will have access to: