Our world is facing some pretty big challenges. These range from sustainable development and climate change, Global ethics and health issues; but just as important is ‘your world challenges’ including the day to day running of your business, the upskilling of your team, recruitment and new product development.
We have a bold vision for our business collaborations and believe that the drive our academics have for creating and sharing knowledge will help to tack these real-world challenges. So whether you’re just starting to think about your business idea, an ambitious SME quickly scaling up, or an international corporation we’re confident we have the passion and the know-how to help you on your journey.
It’s tempting to consider business relationships in all their forms as transactions, and in the case of Universities, to view their services and offers as a range of “products” to be taken as required. We aim to be different. We seek to work in partnership with all of our beneficiaries and to be led by them to develop services and support that truly meets their needs. For businesses, that means striving to work in a true partnership, offering a consultative relationship where we bring the best of Aston to bear for our business partners, and where our partners help to guide and shape the solutions and services we offer: solutions and services that are designed to be pragmatic and applicable, as befits a university that was originally founded explicitly to serve and work with the business community. Our practical focus is exemplified by the results and achievements that we continue to deliver:
- The first university in the UK to offer Degree Apprenticeships, and the first to celebrate Degree Apprenticeship graduates
- Experienced in developing management talent, with well over 1,000 managers and leaders have benefited from our customised and accredited development programmes over the last five years.
- Our programmes are delivering multi-million-pound returns on investment to clients each year
- Over 2,000 undergraduate students, every year placed into industry to gain experience and provide value for their employers
- One of the UK’s leading universities for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, providing measurable economic benefits and real business growth.
- A major national institution for supporting small businesses – the engine of economic growth.