We're looking for Aston's best business ideas
Aston Enterprise Competition 2021 - Application now open
Pitch your business idea to us, with the opportunity of winning the top prize of £1000 (plus a runner up prize of £500). This money can be spent on the business, or not.
This can be a brand new idea, or a business you’re already working on. You can enter as an individual or a team.
Applicants will receive pitching training/guidance on how to pitch. Then the top 5 ideas will be selected to shoot and submit a 3 minute video pitch.
- You’ll get to improve your presentation/pitching skills (absolutely essential skill), and during the process you’ll be able to refine and improve on your idea. Get out of your comfort zone!
- You’ll get expert feedback and guidance about your idea. Maybe this will be the nudge you need to make it a reality now or after you degree!
- You can list this on your Higher Education Achievement Record, and it’s an excellent way of demonstrating key skills to future employers.
- Ideas are only that until you start to get them out into the real world….past winners of this competition have gone on to launch successful businesses
This is an informal friendly process so don’t let ‘pitching’ put you off – we’re here to help you along the way.
You can apply here, and the deadline is 22nd February 2021.
Have a business idea or interest in entrepreneurship but not sure how to take those first steps? Apollo is a six week part-time programme for budding entrepreneurs to experiment with their ideas - each week we’ll cover a key theme involved in starting up, such as lean startup methodologies, customer development and marketing on a budget.
With a mix of taught masterclasses, lessons from real-life guest entrepreneurs and practical group learning, Apollo will give you what you need to take your idea into orbit.
Next Apollo Programme: Autumn Term 2020 (apply now)
Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards
The UK's largest student and graduate business pitching competition
Cash prizes, mentoring and start-up support to be won
Training and support available to help you apply
The next awards will be taking place in early 2021
- Our 2019 nominee Sukhveer Atwal made it to the Finals of the National Competition with her business Aspire Entrepreneurs
Find out more about the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards
Read about our 2017 winners from Aston, Green Sisters.
How To Event Series
Our series of How To events take a dive into entrepreneurship in different industries and practical guides to elements of running a new venture.
This term, we have events covering how to set up a fitness business, how to create great videos and more. Check out the full list of events.
Each event features a panel of entrepreneurs who are successfully running businesses in that space - they’ll share their experiences (highs and lows) of starting up with you.
Recap all of the events on our YouTube channel.