Make your business work better using MSc talent
With over 650 students on 15 different MSc courses, Aston Business School has an impressive talent bank you can draw on to drive your business growth.
- Knowledge and skills developed through relevant course modules. Our students are keen to put these into practice
- Work experience developed through internships, voluntary roles and running businesses globally
- Availability to work full or part-time in your business from early-May onwards as a core part of their course
- Many of our MSc students are International so they bring cultural diversity and an International perspective with them. Having travelled overseas to study they have demonstrated a level of maturity and independence purely by choosing to study and gain work experience here.
- By joining you on paid placement lasting from 1-12 months
- By completing a voluntary placement (generally project-based work) in your business, working on a piece of work that you need done within 1 month (or up to 140 hours)
- By completing an in-company MSc dissertation or business project, directly linked to their course. With this option students can carry out the in-depth research you need to solve a business problem
- Bespoke part-time work to suit the needs of your business.
Some of our Masters students are already working remotely on business projects and virtual internships and many are looking for opportunities to support businesses in this way. They are familiar with remote working tools like Google Meet, Zoom and MS Teams and can work from locations in the UK or globally. If you would like to find out more about how to set up virtual internships with our students please get in touch.
- Finance, Investments and Accounting
- Human Resource Management and Occupational Psychology
- Information Systems and Business Analytics
- International Business and Entrepreneurship
- In FINANCE by researching capital expenditure trends in the energy sector (regional government department)
- In IT by developing system requirement specifications, prototyping software application options and training staff in new system implementation (industrial automation company)
- In HR by reviewing and updating HR policies, assessing regulatory compliance and training volunteers (local health charity)
- In HR/Marketing/Sales Hybrid role by mapping out CSR objectives of the company’s customer base and identifying ways to utilise shared CSR goals to build on relationship (a nationwide utilities company)
- In MARKETING by managing internal communication, researching and writing press releases, preparing print media and website updating (local government department)
- In SALES by using customer databases to identify and report on new market opportunities (family owned car retail)
When can the validated work experience start?
- Immediately after the end of the taught programme – from May 2020 onwards
Minimum length of internship:
- 4 weeks or 140hrs (we will consider a shorter period provided it is at the appropriate level)
Maximum length of internship:
- On a case-by-case basis but potentially up to 12 months
Interested? We'd love to hear from you
If you would like to find out more about how you can use Aston Business School MSc students to develop your business, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact:
We also have a smaller group of highly skilled and experienced MBA students looking for project work to complete as part of their course. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to find out more about this resource.
Find our more