With millions of pounds of inward investment planned over the next few years, the West Midlands is the perfect region for your job, placement or internship search. Along with some major players, small and medium sized companies provide the backbone to the West Midlands economy and there is a strong export sector too, all offering exciting opportunities for graduates.
There are so many good reasons to stay in the Midlands once you have completed your degree: job opportunities are plentiful, living and travelling expenses are sensible and investment in industry, innovation and infrastructure indicate a region that is confident of a bright future.
Here are some useful resources to help you find your way in the West Midlands job market.
Find a job, internship or placement in the West Midlands:
Did you know?
The top graduate employers in the West Midlands, according to the Complete University Guide, are:
Researching the West Midlands
Find out about the West Midlands economy, strategy for development and new initiatives on the following websites, which are the main organisations for promoting the region. This will help you to understand where the opportunities are and spark ideas to help you in your job search.
- Birmingham Chamber of Commerce – This is the body that represents Birmingham businesses. There are also Chambers of Commerce representing surrounding areas, such as Solihull, Warwickshire and the Black Country
- Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP – This is the organisation that promotes growth and investment in the Birmingham and Solihull areas. As with the Chambers of Commerce, there are other local LEPs, which you can search for here.
- BQ Live - A great resource for keeping up to date on developments and job opportunities in the Midlands.
Recruitment agencies in the West Midlands
There are so many recruitment agencies it can be difficult to know which you should put your faith in. Here is our pick of the best recruitment consultancies in the West Midlands for graduate opportunities:
- Best Graduates – A recruitment consultancy that specialises in graduate roles, always with a good selection of local opportunities
- Katie Bard – Birmingham based Katie Bard specialise in office support roles for graduates
- Discovery Graduates – Based in central Birmingham and specialising in high quality graduate jobs
For more information about choosing and working with recruitment agencies click here.