The International Student Advice team at Aston can help you to apply for a new BRP card. Please follow the steps below and then book an appointment to see an adviser at the Hub in order to complete your application.
1) Try to find your BRP/Passport
If you have lost your BRP card, try to find it first:
- If you lost it on a night out, call any venues that you visited.
- If you lost it on campus, visit the Security team behind reception in the Main Building to check lost property
- Call or visit the local police station to see if somebody has handed it in
If it is definitely lost or stolen…
2) Report it to the police
Visit the local police station, or call the police non-emergency number on 101. Some police forces also allow you to report crimes and lost property online.
Ask the police to provide you with a crime reference or incident number. You will need this number to use in your replacement BRP application form.
3) Contact your embassy (lost passport only)
If you have lost your passport, you’ll need to contact your embassy to get a replacement. You can find a list of embassies in the UK here.
4) Start the replacement BRP application form
You can find the application form here.
Follow our guide below to help you fill in your details. If you log out of the application once you get to the ‘Check your details’ screen, the International Student Advice Team can help you to submit the application at your appointment.
5) Prepare your documents
You will need some or all of the following documents for your application:
- Proof of address, such as a bank statement or utility bill
- Student status letter (you can request this from MAP)
6) Make an appointment to see an International Student Adviser
Visit the Hub or call 0121 204 4007 to make an appointment with an International Student Adviser.
Complete the application form up to the ‘check your details’ section, and bring the above documents to your appointment
At your appointment, we can check your application details, help you submit it and make the payment, and send your documents to the Home Office for you.
We can arrange for your new BRP to be sent back to the University (there will always be somebody here to receive it), and you can then collect it from the Hub.