Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) Dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia.

To enable the University to support you on your programme we will require a post-16 assessment report that has been completed by a registered assessor using suitable tests for the assessment of Specific Learning Difficulties in Higher Education following the SpLD Working Group 2005/DfES Guideline for students in Higher Education.

Support recommendations are based on the report.

Information on how to find a qualified assessor can be found at:


You will need to apply for the Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) to access software, equipment such as a laptop and  study skills tuition. Application forms are available from the direct gov website.

If you think you may have a Specific Learning Difficulty, such as dyslexia, we may arrange a screening appointment. If sufficient indicators are evident during screening a full diagnostic assessment may be appropriate, which the Enabling Team can organise.

If you have previously been assessed by an Educational Psychologist or Specialist Teacher and have been diagnosed with a Specific Learning Difficulty please provide a copy of the report so we can advise.

Please email us for further information.

Disability Contact Icon
Checked By DT - 02/03/2017