Your Teaching Timetable is available on My Aston Portal (MAP) in the My Timetable container on your Homepage.
Please note: the timetable website works with an up-to-date browser only, so make sure that the Compatibility Mode is NOT turned ON in Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge. Please use an alternative web browser or turn Compatibility Mode OFF.
We advise you to explore the different timetable views available to you to ensure you do not miss any activities.
You will notice that events are either called:
Live and interactive (synchronous)
- These could be lectures, webinars, seminars, or lab sessions. These events take place in ‘real-time’.
- If a session is on campus you will be able to tell because a room number will be showing within the event.
- Our blended learning approach ensures that you will be invited to attend a number of on-campus small group learning sessions and activities as part of your course. Further details on how to engage with these sessions will be made available to you as necessary by Module Leaders and Programme Directors within your School.
Flexible learning activity (asynchronous)*
- Examples of these could be readings, pre-recorded lectures, videos, quizzes, and online discussions. You can complete these activities in your own time.
- If these activities are shown on your timetable you should ensure that you complete them, if indicated, by the time specified.
*You will notice many of your lectures in evening timetable slots. These are Flexible Learning Activities, which do not need to be engaged with at this specific time.
Please check your timetable very carefully. It is important to make sure that all of the modules you are registered for on MAP are appearing on your timetable. Please refer to Blackboard to check this.
As circumstances change, this may result in some changes to your timetable, so please get into the habit of checking this often to ensure that you have the latest information. We recommend that you set up a live feed to your email account and mobile phone using iCal. A link to do this can also be found in the My Timetable container on your MAP Homepage. In the case of an update or rescheduled session, we will always contact you via your Aston email and Blackboard.
Ensure that your MyAston App is set to refresh and that you check everyday to make sure that any late changes are reflected on your timetable. Some devices do not automatically refresh when the app is opened up.
If you have any queries or if anything is missing from your timetable, please contact your College using the details below:
Health and Life Sciences (HLS): email@example.com
Business and Social Sciences (BSS): firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS): email@example.com
Please see the Digital Services Student Teaching Timetable page for information about:
- Subscribing to your Personal Teaching - Timetable using Live Timetable
- Viewing your Personal Teaching Timetable in MAP
- Timetable Troubleshooting