I've been asked to send the email headers by the IT Helpdesk, how do I do this?
Click below to jump to the appropriate section:- For users of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 desktop application- For users of Office365 Outlook Web AccessHow-To Article Reference: ITSEC001
For users of the Microsoft Outlook 2016 desktop application...
1. Double-click the email you alerted us about in the selection pane to open the email in its own window.2. Look closely at the window that appears, across the top. Look for the section names 'Tags', and to the bottom-right of this section of the ribbon, click the button shown below:
3. The 'Properties' window will appear, to the bottom of this window contains the 'Internet headers'. Please right-click inside the box next to 'Internet headers', and click 'Select All', and right-click once more and select 'Copy' to copy the headers to your Windows clipboard.
4. Close this window, and you'll be back at the message. Close the message and return to the email where we asked you for the headers.
5. Click 'Reply', and right-click inside the message body and click 'Paste' to complete the process.For users of Office 365 Outlook Web Access...1. Double-click the email you alerted us about in the selection pane to open the email in its own window.2. To the top-right of the window that opens, click the three dots to the top-right corner. This appears as follows:
3. Click 'View Message Details'. Select all the information in the window that appears by clicking inside the box, then using CTRL+A on your keyboard to 'Select All', then the Ctrl+C to 'copy' to copy the headers to your Windows clipboard. Close the box and close the message.
4. Select the email where we asked you to send the headers to us, and click reply. Paste the headers in to the message body to complete the process.
Browser does not support script.