0121 204 4525
The Library opening hours change regularly to accommodate students' study needs. Last admission is always half an hour before closing time.
In line with Government guidance, wherever possible, you should remain in your current accommodation and you should not travel back to campus to access university facilities until advised that on-campus teaching is resuming.
The Library is open to allow for the following categories of students to return to campus as set out in the Government's Guidance to HE Providers (January 2021).
- International students who have remained in the UK and those who have arrived and do not have alternative accommodation
- Those who have remained in their student accommodation over the winter break
- Those who have returned to student accommodation in exceptional circumstances, (for example because they are without access to appropriate study spaces or facilities in their vacation accommodation)
- Those requiring additional support, including those with mental health and wellbeing issues
- Commuter students, on an exceptional basis where they are not in the first tranche of returners, who require access to university facilities to access online learning (for example because they do not have access to appropriate study spaces or facilities in their usual accommodation)
The Library is open for private individual study and book collection only anyone coming into the Library will need to:
- Follow social distancing guidelines, maintaining two metres distance from other library users, all furniture has been place two metres apart and should not be moved
- Wear a mask while in the Library, especially when moving around the building
- Follow requests made by staff to ensure these measures are maintained throughout the building
See below for future dates.