In addition to University-wide software like Microsoft Office, the computers in the labs on the tenth floor of the North Wing are loaded with a range of programs that may be useful to students in Languages and Social Sciences. Support for this software is available in NX04.
- NVIVO - Organisation and analysis of qualitative data including interviews and video clips.
- SPSS - Statistical analysis and modelling software.
- VideoPad - Video file editor.
- Audacity - Sound recorder and editor.
- Subtitle Workshop - Subtitle track editor.
- Aegisub - Subtitle track editor.
- Paint.NET - Image editor.
- WordSmith - Written language usage analysis software.
- AntConc - Written language usage analysis software.
- EXMARaLDA - Spoken language usage analysis software.
- CatsCradle - Webpage translation editor.
- Tell Me More - Language and pronunciation improvement.
We teach TRADOS and are a member of the SDL Certification University Programme.
We teach memoQ and are a member of the Kilgray Academic Programme.
We have been granted free access to MemSource Academic edition.
Aston has been granted a free licence for KantanMT.
We have been provided with free educational access to WPML - the WordPress Multilingual Plugin.