Dr Claire Farrow
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
School of Life & Health Sciences
Claire's interests concern the factors influencing eating behaviour and weight gain or loss, particularly in children. Her research explores how adults influence child feeding, eating behaviour and weight through the feeding practices and behaviours they use. She is also interested in the, often inaccurate, perceptions of child weight. Claire has helped develop three different apps to support healthy eating in children, or help and advise parents with concerns about their child's feeding.
- Claire is available to comment on the issues around eating behaviour and weight. Her media experience includes The London Economic, Science Daily and Mail Online.
Areas of expertise
- Development of eating behaviours in childhood
- Parental influences on children's food choices
- Parental perception of child weight and weight monitoring
- Discriminative experiences of overweight individuals
- Sibling influences on eating behaviour
To book an interview, call the press team on 0121 204 4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org