Dr Gareth Thomson
Reader, Mechanical Engineering & Design
School of Engineering & Applied Science
Gareth's research interests fall into two fields - engineering education and biomedical engineering. In the former, his work focuses on active learning approaches, workspace design and innovative assessment methodologies. In the latter, he is keen to examine the human factors and safety issues in healthcare technology. He is actively involved with the Aston Research Centre in Healthy Ageing (ARCHA), undertaking research in the area of technologies that support healthy ageing.
- Gareth is available to comment both on written and broadcast media.
Areas of expertise
- Design for infection control
- Infection treatment
- Surgical safety - reducing risks in surgical procedures through new technology and testing methods
- Interactions within healthcare systems
- Interface design
- Medical product ergonomics
- Smart systems design
- Engineering education; higher education; pedagogy and policy
To book an interview, call the press team on 0121 204 4592 or email email@example.com