The Research and Knowledge Exchange (RKE) department is responsible for the University’s strategy around impactful, collaborative, excellent and sustainable research, and is also leading preparations for the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The department follows the strategic direction of Professor Simon Green, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research).
The Research and Knowledge Exchange Team at Aston supports all aspects of research grant applications and contract negotiation. We work with our academics in several cross-functional ways, including:
- Supporting the grant application process by identifying suitable funding opportunities and advising on all aspects of the application process
- Negotiating research-related contracts and agreement
- Providing high quality training for researchers at all career stages
- Contributing to research strategy and policy at university and school level
- Implementing and managing research management systems
- Co-ordinating Aston's REF submissions
- Providing a “service hub” of knowledge and expertise on research matters.