We Are Open
We have been working to implement the governments COVID safety guidelines for Gyms, Pools and Leisure Centres. Here you will find more information about the way we are making it as safe as we can for you to visit the centre again.
Phase 1 Reopening
We will be reopening with a phased approach. During phase 1 of reopening the below will be open:
- Main Gym
- Sports Hall Gym - we have moved equipment into the sports hall so it can be spaced out
- Swimming Pool (sauna and steam will remain closed)
Children and Non-Swimmers
During phase 1 of our reopening plan we are not able to have children in the building for any activity. We are also not able to accommodate non-swimmers during this phase. We will try to open up the facilities to more people in a gradual way.
Our opening hours will be different to before. We have had to make this change in order for our team to be able to give the centre a clean ready for the next day.
We have created a visit guide for each activity so you know what you will need to do when you at the centre
COVID Safety Measures
Advanced bookings for all activities including a gym session and a swim.
- There is restricted capacity allowed in the centre at anyone time so you will need a booking to enter. This means we know how many people are in the centre at any one time.
Sport Aston App
- The Sport Aston app is the best way to make bookings for a gym or swim session.
Stay at home and follow government guidance if you display any Coronavirus symptoms.
- It is important that you stay at home and do not visit the centre if you have any symptoms of coronavirus. If you have any symptoms of coronavirus you should follow the government advice.
Hand cleaning stations will be available throughout the building.
We have implemented new cleaning processes. These include:
- Constant cleaning of high touch points
- Hand cleaning stations throughout the centre
- Wipe down instructions for gym equipment so members can wipe down equipment before and after use
- Cleaning of the gyms after each 60min session
- Cleaning of the pool after each 60min session
Social distancing is in place throughout the centre.
- Queuing areas are marked.
- Reception screens have been installed to keep customers and staff safe
- Gym equipment is spaced 2m apart or has been put out of use where spacing is not possible
- The maximum capacity of the centre has been reduced
- Studios have marked areas for for participants to stand
To reduce contact points we are cashless.
- We are no longer able to accept cash and ask that you book and pay through the Sport Aston app or over the phone before you arrive at the centre.
- This helps to reduce contact points and the transfer or coins and notes between people.
Be kind to staff and each other as we all get used to the new measures.
- It is going to feel a little bit strange the first time you visit but we are still there to help. We ask that you are kind and considerate to each other and Sport Aston staff during your visit.