January '19 Recipe: Butternut Squash
Prep time 10 mins. Cook time 25 mins.Total time 35 mins. This is a healthy and easy butternut squash soup! Only a few ingredients to make this incredible soup. Serves: about 8 cups.
How to make:
In a dutch oven pot (or heavy pot), heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add cut up butternut squash and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until squash is softened.
Carefully pour entire contents of pot into blender (I use my Vitamix). Add salt.
December '18 Recipe: Gingerbread Biscuits
Here's our foolproof gingerbread recipe ready for the winter ahead!
What you need:
1. Add butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger to a mixing bowl then stir together. Make a well in the centre and pour in the sugar and butter mixture.
3. Stir together to form a dough (it might be easiest to use your hands).
4. Wrap in clingfilm and let chill for 30mins to firm up.
5. Lay the dough between two sheets of baking parchment. Press dough lightly with a rolling pin. Give a quarter turn than repeat.
6. Give it a final quarter turn, then start to roll backwards and forwards, giving regular quarter turns. Until dough is roughly thickness of a £1 coin.
7. Using a biscuit cutter cut out the shapes. Bake at 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5 for 10 to 12min, until lightly golden brown.
8. The biscuits won't be firm but will harden when left to cool outside the oven.
Browser does not support script.