Our mission is to make a valid contribution to the strategic direction of Aston University. We are dedicated to reducing injuries, accidents and ill health, and improving the wellbeing of all staff and students. We will achieve this by providing tailored, comprehensive advice to managers, high quality training and managing the implementation of regulatory requirements. We will provide high quality and easy to use resources in a timely manner and encourage and support professional growth of all health and safety coordinators.
Our vision is a partnership with staff and students who are aware of risks and are empowered to learn, discover and work in a manner that protects everyone.
The Health and Safety Unit ensures active monitoring is carried out and provides:
- High quality information and guidance to assure legal compliance
- Tailored training solutions to ensure the highest quality provision and learning outcomes
- Support to empower managers and health and safety coordinators so that they are competent, confident and capable
- A flexible advisory service with a ‘can happen’ approach
- Effective partnerships that foster cooperation and collaboration
- Guidance on risk assessment and action planning to assist managers in development of skills
- Consistent and regular high quality reports and statistical data to assist the University in identifying areas for improved resources and targeting areas in need of improvement
- Wellbeing initiatives and effective and sensible health and safety solutions to all those who work, study and use the Aston University premises.