Our Yammer channel is open to all current Aston University staff. We encourage you to use this community to help with your research, develop working relationships, connect with like-minded individuals, and keep the Aston community thriving. However, as with any social media channel there are some guidelines we ask you to follow.
Information posted on Yammer is attributed to the individual and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the University. Any official University announcements should be made through standard communication channels and not linked back to content stored on Yammer.
- Be clear and precise with the name you choose to create a group
- Only create a group if you think it will be useful for other staff too
- The University withholds the right to remove any groups if it deems offensive or unsuitable
- Take responsibility. Usage of software and cloud storage provided by Aston University is governed by the same standards and documents for other university resources
- Post appropriate content. Content should relate to the university – no spamming and unrelated posts should be posted. Please be conscious, that this is a public forum which others can access, so do anything on Yammer that you wouldn’t do anywhere else in the university.
- Be safe. Protect your own privacy and don’t get too personal.
- Have respect. No hate comments, no trolling and be nice to one another. Inappropriate behaviour via Yammer many constitute harassment and bullying and can be reported to the University (add who best to report to here)
It’s your responsibility to follow guidelines. Violation of the guidance advised may result in suspension of network access or other information service privileges, disciplinary action, and legal proceedings.