By successfully completing this programme, you will be awarded a BSc in Digital Technology Solutions. You will also achieve an apprenticeship certificate that is graded at pass, merit or distinction.
Duration of programme
Four and a half years of blended work-based, distance and on campus learning.
September, November, March and June.
You will not have to pay tuition fees as a degree apprentice as the costs are met by the UK government and your employer*. In addition to your fees being paid, you will also earn a salary while you study, so there is no need to apply for Student Finance.
The funding band for this degree apprenticeship is £25,000. This is the full cost of your apprenticeship which will be paid for using your employer's apprenticeship levy.
*Employers may require students to pay the fees for resits.
You will need to apply for a degree apprenticeship role or already be employed in a job with responsibilities aligned with the degree content. Please see the how to apply section below for more information.
Entry requirements are set by the hiring business and not Aston University so they vary between organisations. Apprentices are selected based on their applications, an interview and an assessment process which is tailored to your apprenticeship position.
Typically employers require:
- Three A Levels (or equivalent BTEC) at CCC or above.* We do not require specific subjects at A-level but if a student is applying for admission on the basis of an A-level in Computing and/or Maths, we require a grade of C or above.
- At least Grade 4/C GCSE Maths and English.
*We consider cases where borderline applicants can produce strong evidence of appropriate technical expertise (e.g. industry-relevant software development experience, involvement with commercial projects in a functional role, etc.) that is fully supported by the employer.
You will also need to meet the government's eligibility criteria:
- Have been a UK/EU/EAA resident for the past three years or more prior to starting the course
- Have left full time education when the apprenticeship you are applying for is due to start
- Be aged at least 16 years old to meet government funding criteria.