3 years full-time / 4 years full-time with integrated placement year
UCAS Code: H600
GCSE requirement: Maths and English Grade C/4 and above
All candidates are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, any experience, references and motivation.
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades of CCC if the application is of a high standard which includes a strong personal statement and academic reference. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated below.
Information on Admissions Policy
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements.For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your country webpage.
Applicants receiving offers are invited to an Applicant Visit Day.
£9,250 (£1,250 during placement year) for UK/EU students (2020/21)
£19,400* for Outside EU students (2020/21)
Placement Year: £2,500 for International Students
*Tuition fees are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. When undertaking a placement year a placement year fee applies.
More on fees
EAS Undergraduate Admissions Office
+44 (0)121 204 3400
Typical offer level:
A level: BBB-BBC to include Mathematics and a physical science or technology
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma (Science/Technical/Engineering types): DDM including specific units at Distinction (see below)
- National Diploma and Diploma (Science/Technical/Engineering types): DD including specific units at Distinction (see below) plus 1 A-Level at minimum Grade B
- Foundation or 90 credits Diploma (Science/Technical/Engineering types): DD including specific units at Distinction (see below) plus 2 A-levels at minimum grade B
- National Extended Certificate or Subsidiary Diploma (Science/Technical/Engineering types): D including specific units at Distinction (see below) plus 2 A-levels at minimum grade B
- Certificate/ National Certificate Level 3: Not accepted
Specifics units at Distinction:
Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Further Mechanical/Electrical Principles.
International Baccalaureate: 29 overall points with 5, 5, 4 in Higher Level subjects, including Higher Level Maths or Physics.
Access to Higher Education: Subject related Access with at least 30 Distinctions and 15 Merits at level 3 including only Distinctions in Mathematics or Physics
The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.