Degree apprenticeship standard
This programme aligns to the Level 6 Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer degree apprenticeship standard. You can find more information about the standard on the Institute for Apprenticeships website.
By successfully completing this programme, learners will be awarded a BEng in Professional Engineering (Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer). They will also achieve an apprenticeship certificate that is graded at pass, merit or distinction.
Duration of programme
The taught element of the programme takes four-and-a-half years to complete. Learners will then spend a further six months working towards the end point assessment, making the apprenticeship a total of five years.
There are two entry points for this programme: January and October.
The funding band for this degree apprenticeship is £24,000. This is the full cost of the apprenticeship which will be paid for using your apprenticeship levy.
You can specify your own requirements in addition to the University’s.
To be considered for this programme, Aston University expects that applicants will have/are predicted to achieve three A Levels at CCC or above including a Mathematics based subject and a STEM subject, or equivalent BTECs.* Other qualifications may be considered on a case by case basis.
Apprentices must also meet the following criteria set by the government:
- Be employed in a job in England with responsibilities aligned with the apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including Mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject
- Be a UK/EU/EAA resident for at least three years prior to starting the course
- Have left full-time education when the apprenticeship starts
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Candidates who do not have three A Levels at CCC may be considered on a case by case basis with aptitude and experience taken into consideration.