4 year with integrated placement year / 3 year course without integrated placement year option only available for non-EU students
- NR11(International Business and Modern Languages French)*
- NR12 (International Business and Modern Languages German)*
- NR14 (International Business and Modern Languages Spanish)*
- NR24(International Business and Modern Languages German and Spanish)**
- NR33 (International Business and Modern Languages French and German)**
- NR44(International Business and Modern Languages French and Spanish)**
- NR15(International Business and Modern Languages Mandarin Chinese)***
* Courses available at Beginners' level (ab-initio) or post A-Level. Students studying IBML with a single language post A-Level have the option to learn Chinese or Arabic or Portuguese as a subsidiary language (i.e. 2 hours a week; no previous knowledge required).
** Courses only available post A-Level, with A-Levels in both languages.
*** Course only available at Beginners' level (ab-initio)
A Levels: BBB
IB: 32 points overall in the IB diploma with 6,5,5 - 5,5,5 at HL. Minimum scores of 5 in English and Maths at Standard level. Score of 5 at Higher level required in the relevant language(s)
BTEC, Access & other: BTEC Extended Diploma DDD. Access to HE students are eligible to apply for this course. Please note relevant language(s) competency must be separately qualified at minimum of A-level grade B standard
A level grade B (or equivalent) required in the relevant language(s) if applying for post A-Level language (not needed for beginners)
5 GCSEs grades A*- C to include
GCSE Maths – grade C/4
GCSE English Language OR English Literature – grade C/4
General Studies does not contribute towards the UCAS point's requirement but is welcomed as an additional qualification.
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard (however, initial offers will not be lower than stated above).
Tuition fees: £9,250 (£1,250 during placement year) for UK/EU students. £15,600* for International students (£2,500 during placement year) (2020/21). More on fees
*Tuition fees are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. When undertaking a placement year a placement year fee applies.
The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements. For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your country webpage.