BBC-CCC from 3 A Levels. General Studies accepted.
BBC in 3 A-Level subjects
BCC with B in Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) or Core Maths
CCC in 3 A-level subjects for our contextual offer scheme
We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications.
BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM
BTEC Diploma (QCF/National) with A-Levels - Distinction, Merit (DM) and Grade B at A-Level
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (QCF) or Extended Certificate (national) with A-Levels – Distinction (D) and grades BC at A-Level
29 points overall with grades 5,5,4 in 3 higher level subjects
Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
Access to HE:
Pass Access to HE Diploma with Merit in each module. Humanities, Social Sciences or Business Access course preferred, but other courses considered on an individual basis.
EPQ: A Level applicants who meet our offer criteria will be made the standard offer for their programme of choice.
Other qualifications: If your qualification is not listed, please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
International Qualifications: International students can discover more about the qualifications we accept on our international pages. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements. For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your country webpage.
Foundation Programme in Social Science (Aston University): For students with good A-level (or equivalent) grades, but who narrowly miss our standard requirements, it is also possible to gain entry to this course by completing a Foundation Year, although please note the progression requirements.
4 years full-time with integrated placement year
UCAS Code: LN21
GCSE English Language and Maths Grade C/4.
Tuition fees 2020/21: £9,250 (£1,250 during placement year) for UK/EU students. £15,600* (£2,500 during placement year) for overseas students. More on fees.
*Tuition fees are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. When undertaking a placement year a placement year fee applies.
- Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard (however, initial offers will not be lower than stated below).
- Have A level (or equivalent) qualifications similar to those required for first year entry
- Have gained (or be expected to gain) 120 credits on an equivalent programme at another recognised university
- Obtained (or be expected to obtain) an overall average of 60% or above on an equivalent programme at another recognised university
- Have not previously attempted the second year of a programme elsewhere
- Individual programmes may have additional requirements in addition to those stated above. These will be clarified upon application.
- Applicants receiving offers are invited to an Applicant Visit Day
View our Admissions Policy.
The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.