Mode of delivery: Part time distance learning
Duration: Up to 5 years part time for the full master's degree.
Start date: March and October
Fees: £1,100 per 20 credit module. In accordance with University policy, tuition fees may increase in future years of study.
- We welcome applications from candidates interested in our course who have the skills and capability to excel. All candidates are considered on an individual basis based on their qualifications, experience, references and motivation.
- Applicants must hold at least an upper 2nd class honours degree in an ophthalmic or biomedical field from a UK university or the recognised equivalent from an overseas university.
- Other qualifications (such as Fellowship of the British Dispensing Opticians) will be considered individually, on merit.
- Applicants must have spent at least two years in clinical practice before entering the course.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country. Find out more about our English language requirements.
- The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
Start dates: Two intakes per year - 1 October and 1 March
How to apply:
- For March entry apply here.
- For October entry apply here.
- The application deadline for each intake is 6 weeks before the start date.
- If you are applying close to the deadline, please ensure you have all supporting documentation ready for the application. If the deadline has passed, we may still be able to consider you, so please contact us.