By successfully completing this programme, you will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma with the option to top up to a full MSc in Professional Engineering. You will also achieve an apprenticeship certificate that is graded at pass, merit or distinction.
Duration of programme
The duration of the apprenticeship is up to two and a half years and apprentices will graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma. This qualification can then be topped up to an MSc in Professional Engineering bringing the total course length to up to a maximum of five years.
There are multiple entry points in January, April, July and October.
You will not have to pay tuition fees as a degree apprentice as the costs are met by the UK government and your employer*. In addition to your fees being paid, you will also earn a salary while you study, so there is no need to apply for Student Finance.
The funding band for this degree apprenticeship is £27,000. This is the full cost of your apprenticeship which will be paid for using your employer's apprenticeship levy.
*Employers may require students to pay the fees for resits.
You will need to apply for or already be employed in a role with responsibilities aligned with the degree content. Entry requirements are set by the hiring business and not Aston University so they vary between organisations.
Typically employers require:
- A professionally recognised bachelors degree or equivalent in a STEM subject
- At least grade 4 or C GCSE Maths and English
You will also need to meet the government's eligibility criteria:
- Have been a UK/EU/EAA resident for the past three years or more prior to starting the course
- Have left full time education when the apprenticeship you are applying for is due to start
- Be aged at least 16 years old to meet government funding criteria.
Your place will be subject to an interview.