Offered in the following combinations:
- BSc English Language and TESOL QX31
- BSc French and TESOL XR11
- BSc German and TESOL XR12
- BSc Spanish and TESOL XR14
ABB - BBB from 3 A Levels including a B in the combined subject (English, French, German or Spanish). General Studies accepted.
A Level applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications.
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (QCF) / BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate: Distinction plus two A Levels at grade BB*.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (QCF) / BTEC Level 3 National Diploma: Distinction, Distinction plus grade B* in one A-level.
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF) / BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma Distinction, Distinction, Distinction
*Applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the A Level grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
International Baccalaureate diploma
32 points in the IB diploma (including TOK/Bonus points) with 6,5,5 at HL.
Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
Applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
Access to HE
Pass Access to HE Diploma with Merit in each module. Humanities or Social Sciences Access course preferred, but other courses considered on an individual basis.
Applicants must have an A Level in English.
EPQ: A Level applicants who meet our offer criteria will be made the standard offer for their programme of choice, plus an alternative offer which will be one grade lower plus a grade B in EPQ, providing this course is selected as their Firm UCAS choice.
Other qualifications: If your qualification is not listed, please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page
International Qualifications: International students can discover more about the qualifications we accept on our international pages. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements. For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your future webpage.
Foundation Programme in Social Science (Aston University): For students with good A-level (or equivalent) grades, but who narrowly miss our standard requirements, it is also possible to gain entry to this course by completing a Foundation Year, although please note the progression requirements.
GCSE English Language and Maths Grade C/4.
Tuition fees 2020/21: £9,250 (£1,250 during placement year) for UK/EU students. £15,600* (£2,500 during placement year) for overseas students. More on fees.
*Tuition fees are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. When undertaking a placement year a placement year fee applies.
- Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard(however, initial offers will not be lower than stated below).
- Have A level (or equivalent) qualifications similar to those required for first year entry
- Have gained (or be expected to gain) 120 credits on an equivalent programme at another recognised university
- Obtained (or be expected to obtain) an overall average of 60% or above on an equivalent programme at another recognised university
- Have not previously attempted the second year of a programme elsewhere
- Individual programmes may have additional requirements in addition to those stated above. These will be clarified upon application.
- Applicants receiving offers are invited to an Applicant Visit Day
View our Admissions Policy.
The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.