We are excited to announce that three scholarships of £10,500 will be available to students from Africa and South America for the 2020/21 academic year.
These scholarships are supported by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
which is dedicated to improving educational opportunities for students who would not otherwise be able to consider study in the UK.
Ferguson scholarships are available to students applying to on campus postgraduate taught programmes including:
If successful, you will have to contribute approximately £8,400 towards your MSc tuition fees. Please note you will be required to provide evidence to the UKBA that you have this amount plus living costs.
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for one of the above courses
- Be a national from an African or South American country
- Hold a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a relevant subject for the course you are applying for
- Be a self-funded student
- Provide a strong personal statement when submitting your course application.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for one of these scholarships and you meet the above eligibility criteria you will need to:
- Submit an application for your chosen course via our online application form before the scholarship deadline (please see below)
- You will then be automatically considered for this scholarship, and will be notified of the outcome via email.
Applications for this scholarship close 31 March 2020* and the announcement of awards will be in May 2020 via email.
*It is possible to submit an application to study a course at Aston University after this date, however the application will not be considered for this scholarship.
We do not accept applications via agents for this scholarship.
Aston University Ferguson Scholar