Find out more information about how Aston's dealing with COVID-19 and read our stories.

Finding accommodation on campus

All of our accommodation is centrally located on campus and comes with en-suite facilities, free high-speed WiFi and 24/7 security as standard and includes:

  • Five or seven bedroom flats
  • Basic insurance
  • Shared kitchen
  • Inclusive bills

You can find details about the accommodation - application deadlines, fees and payments options - and how to apply on our website.

Accommodation guarantee

New undergraduate applicants going into the first year of study are guaranteed accommodation as long as you:

  • Apply as a full-time student for the full academic year
  • Chose us your firm choice through UCAS
  • Apply and accept your offer before the deadlines

For postgraduate taught students starting in September, we guarantee accommodation to the first 200 applicants for their first year as long as you:

  • Apply as a full-time student for the full academic year
  • Meet the conditions of your offer (including paying the course deposit for masters students)
  • Applied for accommodation before the deadline

I want to find accommodation away from campus

We can support your search for accommodation in Birmingham. Short term lets are not as easy to find as long term lets, and you may need to look at areas further from the campus. Please seek advice and start your search early.

Aston Student Homes (ASH) is the official Students’ Union accommodation support service – check here first for any available rooms.

ASH also offers an accommodation contract checking service through the Advice and Representation Centre in the Students’ Union. Once you have found accommodation (especially if it is through a private landlord), we recommend that get one of the advisers to check the contract before you sign it – this will help to avoid any issues or disputes after you move in.

You can get in touch via:

If you are an international student, it’s a good idea to arrive in the UK early so that you can view properties and make arrangements in person.