Aston Achievement Awards 2019
Nominations for the Aston Achievement Awards are now open. These annual Awards celebrate the amazing work carried out by Aston staff every day, commending the dedication and commitment shown within Schools and Departments to our research, students, and to the University as a whole.
The nomination process is simple, to encourage you to take the time to nominate colleagues in one or more of the following Award categories:
- Enriching the Student Experience
- Excellent Learning and Teaching Practice
Beneficiary: Business and the professions
- Outstanding Business Engagement and/or Innovation
- Excellent Research (including research support and supervision)
- Outstanding Research Impact *NEW AWARD*
Beneficiary: Our region and society
- Outstanding Contribution to the Region, Local Community or Environment *UPDATED AWARD*
- Exceptional International Activities
Culture and organisation - Aspirational and high performance
- Best Customer Service
- Professional Staff Member of the Year
- Outstanding Technical or Digital Support *NEW AWARD*
- Best Newcomer
- Excellent Citizenship
- Unsung Hero
- Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to the University
Nominations can be put forward by any member of staff, and students can nominate for Best Customer Service, Enriching the Student Experience, and Excellent Learning and Teaching Awards. The nomination process is straight forward, with a nomination form to be used for all awards and brief guidelines for each award. It is imperative that you read the general information, which is provided to assist with the nomination process and has been updated for 2019. The nomination form should be used for all submissions.
Nominations for all awards will be considered by a panel, chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
See a list of our previous winners here, you can also view the 2018 Aston Achievement Awards.
- The closing date for receipt of nominations is 17:00 on Friday 7 June 2019.
- All nominees will be invited to a drinks reception on Tuesday 18 June 2019.
- The winners will be announced w/c 8 July 2019.
- The awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 12 September 2019.
Questions or queries relating to the awards, as well as completed nomination forms, should be directed to Clare Noakes.