Nominations for the Aston Achievement Awards are now open. These annual Awards celebrate the amazing work carried out by Aston staff every day, commending the dedication and commitment shown within Schools and Departments to our research, students, and to the University as a whole.
With the launch of our new Strategy earlier this year, we have restructured the awards to reflect this, but still kept the nomination process simple, to encourage you to take the time to nominate colleagues in one or more of the following Award categories:
- Enriching the Student Experience
- Excellent Learning and Teaching Practice
Beneficiary: Business and the Professions
- Outstanding Business Engagement and/or Innovation
- Excellent Research (including research support and supervision)
Beneficiary: Our Region and Society
- Outstanding Contribution to the Community or Environment
- Exceptional International Activities
- Excellent Citizenship
Culture and Organisation - Aspirational and High Performance
- Best Customer Service
- Professional Staff Member of the Year
- Best Newcomer
- Idea of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to the University
Nominations can be put forward by any member of staff, and students can nominate for Best Customer Service, Enriching the Student Experience, and Excellent Learning and Teaching Awards. The nomination process is straight forward, with a nomination form to be used for all awards and brief guidelines for each award. It is imperative that you read the general information, which is provided to assist with the nomination process. The nomination form should be used for all submissions.
Nominations for all awards will be considered by a panel, chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor.