Placement year - visas for International Students

If you are studying in the UK with a Tier 4 or old-style Student visa and taking a placement year as an assessed part of your Undergraduate degree at Aston, you can work full time in the UK during your placement.

If your visa permits you to take employment, you can do that in addition to working on your placement.  During University term time you should restrict any additional employment to no more than 20 hours per week.  However current Home Office guidance states that you may work full-time hours during official University vacation periods even if you are on your placement year.  

If you are at all unsure about this, please contact us. Remember you will need a National Insurance Number.

Last checked and updated 06/03/2017 LB