Top 10 Support FAQs

In an attempt to save you a bit of time on the occasions when you are experiencing a problem with the Digital services we have compiled a list of the most common things we get asked for support on.

Below are the top questions, however we are always happy to receive suggestions of other questions which you feel would benefit you and your fellow students. 

ISA Medicine Management Suite

1. My computer login is disabled, what do I need to do?

Your computer login account is usually disabled when we need to talk to you about an outstanding finance query or regarding a breach of the university computer use regulations.  In the first instance you will need to contact the IT Helpdesk where we will be able to advise you of the next steps required to get your account reactivated

2. I cannot save my work on my home (H:) drive?

This is usually caused by running out of space on your home drive and in the first instance you should check to see if there are any old files that you could delete to free up some space.

All students are provided with a minimum of 300MB of secure network storage to safely store your course related files. This should be enough for your studies, however final year students undertaking projects can sometimes find that additional storage is required.  If this is a requirement then you will need your supervisor to email the IT Helpdesk requesting the quota increase on your behalf.

3. Which computers have the specialist software I need to use?

A full list of the software available in each of the computer labs is available here.

4. Is there any software I can use on my own home computer or notebook?

Yes there is... check out the full list here.

5. How do I stay up to date with any issues or new services provided by Digital Services?

One of the simplest methods of keeping up to date is to follow us on Twitter.
Our account is

6. My uniCARD is not letting me get into the rooms I need access to?

The door access assigned to your uniCARD is based on details held in MAP such as the course you are studying or school that you are studying with. Therefore if you are unable to access rooms that others on your course can, then one quick check is to see if your details look correct on MAP. If you do spot something that is incorrect then contact your school office where they should be able to sort it out for you. Please note that it will take 24 hours for any changes to your MAP details to take effect and to change your door access.

If everything is ok with your MAP details then you will need to contact the IT Helpdesk where they will be able to sort out the problem for you.

7. My uniCARD has the wrong expiry date on it?

The expiry date on your uniCARD is the expected end date of your course, as shown in MAP, plus 3 months.  We would urge you to check this date is correct in MAP and to contact your school office if it is wrong. Please note that it will take 24 hours after this date is altered before you will be able to collect a replacement uniCARD from the IT Helpdesk.

8. Can I access my university email from my mobile phone?

Yes, full instructions on how to configure your mobile phone / device to access your university emails can be found here.

9. I’ve sent my work to the print system but it will not print?

If your documents are all showing on the print queue then make sure the printer does not show any errors on the screen or any warning lights. If you do spot a problem with the printer then please report this to the IT Helpdesk where we will be able to sort out any problem for you.

Also note that some document can take quite a while to print, particularly if they have a lot of pages with diagrams or are being printed in colour. If there is a flashing light on the print device and there are no errors on the screen, then printing is in progress and your document will be printed shortly.