Degree Apprenticeship Standard
This programme aligns to the Level 7 Senior Leader degree apprenticeship standard. You can find more information about the standard on the Institute for Apprenticeships website.
By successfully completing this programme, your leaders will be awarded a Masters in Business Administration degree (MBA).
Learners will also be awarded a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Chartered Manager Status and be a CMI member throughout the programme and for one year after graduation.
On completion of the end point assessment, learners will achieve an apprenticeship certificate that is graded at pass, merit or distinction.
Duration of programme
The duration of this course is two and a half years.
Presently there are three entry points: January, April, and September
The funding band for this degree apprenticeship is £18,000. This is the full cost of the apprenticeship which will be paid using your apprenticeship levy.
For direct enrolment onto this MBA programme, candidates will need one* of the following:
- A UK honours degree, or
- An equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University, or
- A degree-level professional qualification.
- Grade 4 or C GCSE (or level 2 equivalent) Maths and English by the time the apprentice completes the programme
- At least three years’ relevant post-graduation work experience
- An official academic transcript of your grades (in English)
- Two references – preferably one from an academic referee, the other from the current or previous employer (Two professional references may be accepted from applicants with substantial work experience).
*Applicants with extensive work experience
We accept applications from candidates with extensive work experience who have not completed a graduate qualification.